dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, June 23, 2007

chicken

I don’t cook. Well in theory I know how to cook and I used to be reasonably good at it but for the past two years I haven’t really set my foot in the kitchen. I either tend to eat at work or at uni. And besides, a fried egg on a piece of rye bread or a can of tuna and a spoon is a perfect dinner for one.

Last autumn, after almost a decade of veggie food I started eating chicken again. So, when I saw 4big pieces of chicken (like with bones and skin and everything) for 2€ at the shop the other day I bought them as I knew I would be left on my own for a long weekend.

This afternoon, after having breakfast at 13h30 I attacked those birds. Surely it cannot be that difficult to cook chicken. I have seen it done and I have, since last year, cooked two breasts on the pan. I had a leftover Mexican dip in my fridge so I thought that it’ll serve as a good base for a spicy sauce. I also took the left over veggies from our staff dinner last night (I was being cunning there – should make it habit really) so that would make things easier. I cut all the yucky pieces of the chicken and started cooking.

After some frying, boiling and stewing I had three portions (sat, sun, mon) nicely done and ready. I put the first onto my plate and started eating. The sauce was not too bad but the chicken felt like rubber in my teeth. And it did not taste like much. I quickly ate all the white pieces off my plate and concentrated on enjoying the veggies.

And I have another two portions left and no other food until Tuesday.

WANTED: a house husband. ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home