dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, June 09, 2007

shock and horror and habits

Helsingin Sanomat, the main Finnish newspaper, has changed its main page on the web. In fact the layout is now much nicer but still this change caused a near disaster.

Every morning, I get up, turn on my computer, put the coffee on, make porridge and then when my breakfast is ready I check my mails and read the paper while I eat. Before signing up into web-hesari I read Viivi and Wagner (a funny cartoon about a woman whose boyfriend is a pig). But now, I didn’t find it. Automatically I took the mouse down the left side of the screen to click on the picture and it wasn’t there. I was puzzled – what was going on?

This all happened yesterday. This morning - armed with a mug of coffee and a bowl of porridge – I had mentally prepared myself for a search. Eventually I found the cartoon from the RIGHT side of the screen. Scandalous. How could they have done this to me?

This whole little episode made me realise how automatically I operate – I am more then completely and totally stuck to my routines. Keys on the table next to the door, and if not they are not with me and I am locked out. In my fridge, when I open the door, milk is on the right and then there is coffee – I can find them even if I am half asleep. And I check my emails in the same order – hotmail, gmail, school mail. How boring is that.

I need to change. I need a change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home