dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, May 25, 2007

positive attitude...sucks

On Wednesday my friend told me I am too pessimistic. Apparently one must have a positive attitude towards life because good things do happen.

Today I got great news. I got an internship. I was so happy about this that at school I right away told my friend that he indeed was right.

My phone rang – bad news. I no longer had an internship. Luckily it was nice, sunny and warm and I could get rid of my anger and frustration in the back garden of our school. Slowly the sky turned black and it started pouring. By the time I was on my bike and on my way home it was thundering and lightning. I got soaked.

This morning I went to the laundrette and as the sky was blue and it was warm I put my clothes outside to dry. When I got home, soaking wet, these clothes were soaked too. And there was a huge pool on my floor. In my flat there isn’t a place for one wash worth of soaked clothes (they were dryer when I got them out of the machine this morning) but it is too late to go to the laundrette and put them into the dryer. Great.

Luckily my mum is coming for the weekend – or was. Due to the horrible weather in Paris her flight is postponed by at least 2hours which means that she won’t be here until 1am if at all.

So don’t ever talk to me about positive attitude again – good things just do not happen to some people. We are only the beneficiaries of irony.

I think I need a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home