dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

interview

During the past weeks and months I have sent my CV here and there and everywhere. At first I was patient with replies and tried not to get discouraged by several “no”-emails. Now, I am getting stressed and starting to panic, as I still have nothing. So, yesterday, to make sure I will at least get somewhere I phoned up one of the people I had contacted by mail.

The voice on the other end of the phone sounded nice and friendly and she right away recognised my name. I took that as a positive sign. She thanked me for phoning and apologised for taking so long to get in touch with me. “But since you phoned I could ask you some questions.” Sure, why not. The few questions ended up being a little over 30min phone interview – excellent. In general, this would have been a piece of cake, no big deal, but this time, it was in Finnish. I had to answer to these questions in Finnish. I had no idea what the research question for my thesis is. I knew more or less what I study but had no idea what my courses are about. I just didn’t know anything.

I tumbled through the interview by using English (and few French) terms and hoped to make some sense. Finally she asked the question I had waited for – “So, working in English would not be a problem?” I now knew what to say.

My competition consists of two other students – I just hope they hesitated with that last one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home