dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, May 05, 2007

again and again

Last night few of my friends and I ended up emptying several bottles of wine at my place. And as usual the common topic of conversation was relationships and dates or the lack of them. One of the girls was excited as she had only a moment ago been asked to go out the next day.

Today is the next day and she just told me she had cancelled the date – couldn’t be bothered she said. This was while I watched my phone ring without picking it up – I just couldn’t be bothered. We both claimed to be too busy to go out this afternoon – maybe tomorrow.

Being young and single should guarantee us the time of our lives. We have nothing holding us back and we are free to do what ever we want and go where ever we want. We could meet new, interesting people and just have fun. Yet, we are reluctant to get dressed up again, to do our makeup again, to go out for a drink or coffee or dinner again. We can’t be bothered to have the same “lets get to know each other” conversation again and afterwards wonder why he didn’t or did call again.

Both my friend and I were convinced that if the guy really was worth the effort we would not trade the date into school work or a good book. Surely, if he was any potential we would be eager to leave the house and hoping the time run faster till the time of the date. But we are not.

And tonight we will hate all happy couples again and hope to meet the right guy. And tomorrow – I think we will be busy again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home