dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

some colour

For the past two days I have been suffering from a serious lack of motivation to do anything. I have been totally and completely phlegmatic and unproductive. This manifested itself today in my unwillingness to go out when the sun is shining from a blue sky and the temperature is close to +30C° (and we are only in April). So, when I got back from school this morning, I spent a long while chatting with my sister online. During our hardly intelligent conversation I came up with my new action plan – I was going to dye my hair.

We were both convinced that this would help – good hair makes everything else well as well. Or at least it will make the picture in the mirror look much better (we haven’t really been good friends lately). So I went to the shop to get the colour. Already when climbing back up, I was feeling more energetic.

The colour has to be left in for 30min. I decided to use this to do a facial mask as well. I splattered green mud all over my face and figured that I still have 20min to go. Excellent, I could clean my bathroom and my kitchen. It really does not take long to do that and yet they seem to always end up in a disastrous state. So, with my hair in a dark know on the top of my hair and my green face I started scrubbing (this is where I see my mum, with my minds eyes, having a shocked impression on her face. She is convinced that by leaving the bathroom with hair dye in my hair I will get little drops of colour all over my little flat. Yet, she is the one who has taught me to use my time efficiently).

So now, I have, temporarily, bright coloured hair and a shiny kitchen and bathroom and a face that is…well pretty much the same as before that mask but at least I know that I did it so I have this self confidence that shines through and brings out my inner beauty…or something.

And my point is…sometimes it is good NOT to have housemates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home