dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, April 14, 2007

PANIC (or marathon part 1)

Tomorrow is THE day – Paris marathon starts at 8h45.

It has been two years that I haven’t run a marathon. Last year, despite or due to intensive training I managed to get myself severely injured and could not run. So for two years I have been dreaming about crossing the finishing line before the timer hits 3h.

Now I am panicking. My legs feel heavy after a long shift at work last night and the temperature is hitting high numbers, forcing me to rethink my outfit. Also, for the first time even I will be having a rather large support group on the way.

Post-marathon will be a picnic that will break my long 9 weeks without alcohol and another few without chocolate. And from there I’ll go to work to tell whether I really deserve my “iron man” title – or “woman” like our barman corrected – which is obvious, I like to think.

So now, I am panicking. The level of panic is reaching the levels where you think you want to turn around and run the other way.

My sister sent me a scarf. Maybe that’ll bring me luck. She is pretty fast. And fit beyond imagination. Maybe there is a transfer of energy. I hope.

Or maybe I’ll go a boil some pasta and stop whining.

But I am panicking.

But then again 3h is much easier than 5h, when you think of it. At least it’ll be over quickly. And then I can have champagne when others are still running. Definitely better – longer could become boring.

But I am still panicking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home