dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, March 18, 2007

from sports to shopping and back

Yesterday, on my way to work I did some “compulsory shopping”. This shopping differs from “retail therapy” or “I want something nice and new” shopping in the respect that it is something you have to do, whether you like to or not. This time I would rather not have – due to the disastrous state of my bank account, combined with the number or people in the shops on a Saturday afternoon. However, I had unfortunately earlier during the day, in the laundrette noticed that there is no way of getting my running t-shirts clean again. I mean, not matter what kind of poison I put into them, I still would not want to wear them after being washed. So I am sure, you can understand the urgency of this shopping trip.

Sports shops are dangerous places. After piling t-shirts and a pairs or shorts (another must) into my basket, I wandered through the nutrition section. Oh well, not too much temptation there. In to the bag section – well I have started going to the pool once a week and it is nice to have all the things I need for that ready and in one place. So maybe, just maybe I could treat myself with a new bag. Then I saw yoga mats that were in sale. The truth is that I have been doing quite religiously this Pilates thing my sister gave me. So really, I should get a proper mat for that.

By the time I had made my way to the section where they sell free weights my sister phoned me. I told her where I was and what I was doing. She also thought that the mat and the clothes were a good idea but that told me not to touch the weights – mainly because they are just evil when you have to move. She was right. Besides, I have even been lazy with press-ups so having weights will not increase the power in my arms.

There are different types of sports and athletes – those who do sports, those who do sports and spend a lot of money on equipment, and those who spend a lot of money on equipment and pretend to do sports. I was on the slippery slope towards the last kind. I took my basket and made my way to the till. On my way I made a decision: when I have nice and muscular arms, due to all the press-ups and dips I have done at home, during the next x number of months, I can buy weights. Besides, I now have a mat to fall on to.

1 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, Blogger ii said...

oh come on, the only reason why I considered taking up tennis what the outfits! *grin* Seriously, tennis is the perfect excuse to wear practically indecently short skirt...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home