dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

about watching tv

My laptop has for long been the centre of my flat. It serves as the sound system, newspaper, post, phone, TV, home cinema, library and everything else. This is not too bad for a small machine. As I have lived without a proper television for years now I have also lost track of all the current series. I tend to be completely lost when the discussion moves into 24, Lost, Prison Break and what have we. This however has now changed.

Fir Christmas I got several DVDs with series. This was an excellent present as I finally could relax by watching an episode of something in between or after studying. Excellent. DVDs are rather pricey so after finishing the last episode I was back on square one, until Monday night. A friend of mine decided to spend few hours to teach me, via msn, how to download things from the internet. I new how to do this for music, but TV and films just had seemed too complicated for my little brain to figure out. In fact, it is all quite simple.

This morning, when I woke up I noticed that the first season of Grey’s anatomy had finished downloading (I got hooked on this one, when visiting my friend last week). I was all excited, I could now find out what was going to happen. My curiosity would be satisfied. I would no longer have to speculate.

The sun is out. It has been raining since I came back to Paris and now the weather is gorgeous. I looked at the files and I looked through the window. A dilemma. But a run won. I simply cannot sit inside, in front of a “TV” when the weather is like that. Maybe tonight, after school. Or during the weekend.

It is good that I never got that TV…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home