dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, February 23, 2007

shopping and some starbucks

Today was a day in town. The idea was to go shopping as both my friend and I need a new handbag. Well, she really needs one and I really want one, but in effect it is the same thing. For me it was a nice change to have some company when going around the stores and for her it was the rare occasion when she is not pushing a pram around.

We started off by having coffee at Starbucks. Then we had a look at few shops and decided it was time for some lunch. After lunch we continued with our quest but didn’t, at the end, by anything. Or we didn’t buy handbags. And now then have a good reason to go again – until I have a smart and cool bag that is big enough for school and she has one that looks smart for uni but is also practical with the baby.

During our day out and about I realised how much I am actually missing my old life. This does not mean random shopping trips from which I end up coming home with numerous bags but with nothing I really need. It is more so the long conversations over coffee, going out for lunch at the same time solving the problems of life. Somehow all this has changed into a glass of wine in a smoky bar or a random chat on msn.

I am also missing early nights and early mornings. I miss clean air. I miss having company when doing sports. I miss long nights in front of the TV with a cup of tea. I miss reading good books.

And I noticed that I am looking for a place where all these things have gone…I think I have started to look for a new home…

1 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger ii said...

You know, the weird thing is, I've had some very similar thoughts lately... Scary.

Maybe we're Interbrain-Networking and just don't know it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home