dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, February 02, 2007

the world is just too small...

Sometimes it is scary how small the world is. By accident, in my French class at school I met a Finnish girl. Not only did we find out that we have spent several years of our lives in the same, small Finnish town but also that we have mutual friends.

This afternoon she sent me a text to find out if I want to go for a drink with her and one of her friends from Scotland – sure, why not. It should be fun. I got to the meeting point just to find out that this guy had been in my high school in Finland. Also, he is good friends with someone I have lost contact with long long time ago. In fact it just seems like everybody knows everybody.

We spent a good night and several glasses of wine together. Oh and I was told, by a Frenchman, that I don’t look like a Finn but like someone who has a Finnish mom and an Italian dad. This makes me wonder as just a week ago I was told I have a Greek nose.

I like to think that by leaving everything behind and moving to a new place I can start from scratch and try again. Yet, no matter how hard I try there is something that reminds me of the times that were and the places I used to know and keep me connected.

So no matter how fast and far I run, the past catches on. Or maybe I’m just not running far enough…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home