dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, January 27, 2007

jopo

I realised last night that my bike is starting to look a bit scruffy. This is no wonder after being hit by a car twice (and the second time I wasn’t on it, protecting it), being taken out no matter what the weather, being attached to lampposts, bins, fences, trees, and everything else imaginable.

So, I decided it was time to give it a bath. I am not like all those car owners who spend their Sundays polishing their dear friends, but I do like to look after my good servant. I filled an almost empty washing up liquid bottle with hot water, took a sponge and went out. Obviously, unlike all those car owners I don’t have a nice backyard, but had to take my bike on to the road to have a wash.

The image of someone, wearing a red jacket and a beanie washing a yellow bike on a sidewalk of a busy road in the middle of Paris must have been quite amusing. Well I am always happy to bring joy and laughter to people’s lives. Besides to one little person it was also a good learning experience: “Dad, what is that funny lady doing?”

And now, my little yellow bike is shining and clean, and ready to take me to my next adventure.

But before that, I must go for a run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home