dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, January 11, 2007

blades...

Sales started yesterday and so did my mission for finding new roller blades. In fact, since I left Finland which is already by far over 4years ago I haven’t had my own blades – so now it was time. What helped in making this decision was my mum telling me that they would be my Christmas present, even if coming a bit late.

So, after school I went to the store where I had seen something I could think about buying. To be quite honest I still don’t understand why all the blades for women are pink and purple and something else pretty yucky. Also, there was not a single pair for girls that didn’t have breaks but for guys, there were plenty. A bit stupid really.

Anyways, after an hour or so of trying things and looking and thinking I finally made up my mind and left the store as the owner of a cool new pair of blades. And then it started raining. By the time I got home I was soaked. Yet, this little setback was not going to put me down and I started my little mission of removing breaks – which in fact was by far easier than the guy at the shop told me it would be – I didn’t even have to phone some strong friend to come and help me…though….shoot…not thinking there girl!

As soon as the rain had stopped and the roads had dried up a little I took off. And these things are a dream. It was like flying. And it wasn’t even cold and we are in January – I can’t wait till it is summer again because then it will be even better. Though next time I go for a little tour of Paris by night I want some company – I wonder – on a bike even…hmmm….

When I finally got home I realised that to enter into my flat I need to climb over 2pairs of running shoes, fencing gear and now a pair of blades – bike stays downstairs. No wonder I have no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home