dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, December 22, 2006

lost and lazy

This morning, at about 3am my flight landed and I returned to the winter wonderland. And since then I have been completely lost.

I woke up to the sound of my sister’s sewing machine. She was finishing the last one of her Christmas present. Argh, the sight made me frown. I moved myself to the kitchen to get some coffee and what I found from the fridge, alongside the milk I was looking for, were homemade chocolates. As if the pile of Christmas cookies and cakes. “Don’t worry, there is more in the attic” she said and smiled. Riiiight.

Then I was sent to town to make some last minute shopping. Great, this is my speciality. “You have to take the shopping bag if you want to get milk and stuff.” Well, obviously – I had completely forgotten that plastic grocery bags are pretty much comparable to the original sin in this country. So I took the bag and left. I didn’t get lost on the way but it took me a while to realise that to get across the road I will need to press a button because otherwise the lights won’t change for me.

Only on my way back did I realise what had seemed so weird – it was lunch time but nobody had a sandwich or something in their hands. Here you just do not eat on the street. And I didn’t see a single person living in some random box or begging. And kids had hats and mittens. And the front door to the building was open. Apparently the door only gets closed for the night and even still everybody had a little Christmas decoration on their door and the stairs were clean.

To seem a bit more active I made lunch. But by the time I had finished with dishes my sister was already frantically cleaning – a flat that to me was pretty much immaculate as it was. Makes me feel bad to think the state in which I left my flat when leaving.

Now she is at work and I keep on doing nothing. Maybe I finish wrapping presents. (Found the tape from a labelled box – a little snapshot of my own little disaster in my little home makes me sick) Or maybe I should go for a run. At least that way I won’t make a mess.

ps. She has ironed sheets. And I still had wet clothes in my suitcase, because only remembered to do laundry yesterday afternoon, just before leaving and packing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home