dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, December 17, 2006

it's a funny thing that...

Today has been the weirdest day for a long time. In fact for a while I was dreading what would happen and hoping that today would never arrive. But at the end it ended up being an amazing day.

Ok, yucky rain and a stupid presentation are not really the best ways to start a day, that I will have to admit. But then, when I thought things could only get worse I found out that in fact they just got better.

In the afternoon I went to a Finnish Christmas fair with someone I haven’t seen for a long while. Ok, the fair was pretty lame but the afternoon, then, turned into a good evening. It is funny when you sometimes need someone else to show you what you have. I think this guy knows me as well as I do, if not even better. Yet, it has been a while we have even talked – for a reason. But then again, time usually does nothing but good.

It is true that my presentation was just plain bad but something like that is easy to fix – at least for me a good mood returns with a long run, as it did again today. But then, what I had to realise was that it is funny how sometimes you need someone else to show you what you really have. I know this sounds really corny but it is true. And I suppose it is also true that I have indeed now got everything I worked for – and I worked for a long time. It doesn’t make school easier or improve my French but still, it is a nice think to realise. And besides, apparently I am prettier when I smile…so I should stick to this new realisation… I think…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home