dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, November 30, 2006

countdown...

Tomorrow is the first of December and till this morning I did not have an advent calendar. What a disaster.

The fact is that I am a Christmas freak. Already when I was little I would spend hours and hours planning the team for the wrapping for all my presents etc. I am not too bothered about Christmas itself and I don’t do Christmas shopping but I love waiting and preparing for the festive season.

So, this year I didn’t have a calendar. When we were little, my grandparents would always make us an advent calendar with little present in it. Every third day it would be my turn. I loved it. I would look at the next parcel and examine it without touching it (because that was not allowed) and try to guess what it had in it.

This morning I went to the post office to get a packet, not knowing what I was getting – IT WAS AN ADVENT CALENDER. My friend in Switzerland had made me 24 little present with numbers on them. I couldn’t believe it. I ran home, cleared space from the top of my little shelf and organised the little wrappings into numerical order. They look so cute. And so Christmassy.

I am so excited. And I still have to wait until tomorrow morning to open the first one. I already looked at it and tried to guess what it has inside. But it is a bit difficult. I have a hunch though.

…but I wont sleep tonight…

ps. i know my mum has sent me one with pictures - oh, i'm so lucky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home