dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

coffee at the embassy...and some french

I have a habit of judging events according to the coffee they serve. It is really not the most scientific way but has proved to be quite efficient and easily applied. My newest finding is that the US Ambassador, here in Paris, serves really good coffee. I have to say that the breakfast itself was quite disappointing but at the same time I was maybe too tired to form an opinion objectively.

As you might have guessed I had an invitation to go for a breakfast event in the ambassadors residence. So, when my alarm went of at a ridiculous hour this morning, I jumped out of bed and got dressed in my war outfit – the black suit. It is indeed the best invention in the world because it allows you to get ready in no time AND it makes you look smart and important. I really wish I could use it more often, instead of my usual baggy jeans and trainers.

The event in itself was interesting but I think the best part was the fact that the ambassador introduced his quests in French – and he is a beginner. I mean really. I was so happy to realise that someone in his position masters the language even more poorly than I do. It gave me hope, so much hope.

After few hours of business ethics and another few cups of coffee, the event was over. On my way home I stopped at Massimo Dutti to see if I could find something nice for myself. Well I did. They had lovely suits and jerseys. And beautiful colours. So, I moved on to Decathlon and treated myself with a long sleeved t-shirt for running (apparently I am still the size of a 12yr old) and a patch of vanilla flavoured protein shake, with an improved formula, they told me.

The new suit will have to wait till next year and graduation.

1 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger ii said...

Aaaaargh! Could you in any way be a bit less pro and grown-up, please? You're making me feel like 5-year old kid. All I accomplished today was to wash my hair, drag my butt to school only to find that my class was cancelled, and then I spent three miserable hours reading about banking in the library. And yes, I count as washing my hair as an accomplishment. That's how sad my life is these days. *rolls eyes at self*

Worry not, I'm getting food as I type this, I'll be back to normal in no time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home