dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, November 20, 2006

a long lost friend

Last weekend I received an email from someone I haven’t heard from for almost eight years. She had tracked me down via my dad, whose address was by far easier to find from the labyrinth of information in the internet. The originally short message turned into numerous long stories –novels almost – that have been going back and forth for few days now.

So much has happened during these past eight years. I never realised how much of time had passed. It went so quickly. My friend is now married and has three adorable children (I saw photos) and has finished her studies at university. How did all this happen? How could I have missed all these important milestones in her life? After all, we used to be so close.

The funny thing is that though so much time has passed, it feels like the last time we were in contact was yesterday. She has changed completely but the same time she is the same girl I visited when I was 16. And also, her email could not have arrived at a better time. She found me when I most need a friend. Obviously there is no way she could have know this but even still, it is almost too weird.

There are few people like this in my life. They might live in the other end of the world and thus there is not always the possibility to pay a quick visit. And I am notoriously bad with keeping in contact so that makes the situation even more difficult. Yet, when we do meet or talk on the phone or whatever, the distance, geographical and in time just disappears. And maybe that’s why we are still friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home