dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

mouse

There is a mouse in my flat. I have no heating, as the heater is still lying on my floor waiting to me attached to the wall - its rightful place. But I do have a mouse.

It was maybe a week ago when I noticed something moving in my kitchen. Then it stopped and I noticed a little, tiny mouse in the middle of the floor. It looked at me and I looked at it and there we were, staring at each other for several minutes. Then it ran away.

I went on holiday for few days and when I came back I found myself alone in the flat. No more mice, no nothing. Nothing until last night – my friend was back. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard something making a scuffing noise in the kitchen. I smiled, turned around and went back to sleep.

Today I was being good and organising my notes from school. This could be also seen as trying to something totally irrelevant and time consuming but in my mind things will certainly be clearer, if I have my papers in order. I am not quite sure how the link works, but it is there. Suddenly I noticed something at the door – and there it was, my little friend. It is getting pretty brave, coming close and being all curious. I know that I really should be buying a mouse trap but I just can’t get myself to do that. My flat is quite small, but somehow I think it will be big enough for me and the mouse, who doesn’t even stay here permanently.

Maybe it is due to my inherent need for company or the fact that I really do not like to be alone and even a small sign of life makes me feel more comfortable. Who knows? However, this little creature has made me like Paris a bit more again so it can’t be all that bad.

Though still, if I in 30min, once sat down at the cinema, will find my little friend from my pocket, I might change my mind about this whole scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home