dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, November 18, 2006

to let go...

This morning I had a nice surprise waiting for me in my mail box. There was a letter from my grandparents. Usually, the only things I receive in the form of letters are bills and occasionally also some promotional material that is as good as rubbish. However, this morning there were four long pages of hand written text, filling me up with the events of the winter wonderland.

To my surprise, one of the biggest news was that my grandparents have finally finished their course in computing and that they now have EMAIL. Not only do they have email, but they both have their own addresses and a laptop. WHAT? This simply cannot be true. Grandparents are not supposed to have email. They are not supposed to chat to you on msn or look into your life with a webcam. This is simply not right.

At the same time, it all makes sense. They too are tired of waiting for a letter that never arrives, because their grandchildren are too busy to sit down with pen and paper. They don’t want to line up in a bank, when they could be going for a nice walk in the forest (ok my grandma uses her cell phone for banking – even I don’t know how to do that). So, at the end it all makes sense.

Why, then, is it so hard for us to let go of something that used to be? Why do we rather hold on to things that we used to have and know? Doesn’t it make so much more sense to let go of the past and not hang on to it? I am not saying that we should forget, but it is possible to go on and still remember, right?

Maybe I should try to be more like my grandparents and go along with the change. It can’t be that difficult, can it?

Besides, with email, I don’t have to run down six flights of steps to get hold of their news.

Ps. I demousified my flat. It is time for me to learn to live alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home