dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, November 23, 2006

chocolate...

Just in case you do not know this vital piece of information about me – chocolate is my reason for living, almost. I live for and from it. Especially from it.

Today, I was supposed to spend a productive day in front of my computer. Well I was carefully watching my laptop the whole day but we can hardly talk about productivity in the same sentence. But for my attempt to do work I really needed chocolate. And this is where it all became just too difficult.

I had extreme difficulties in deciding what to get. The one with nuts and raisins from Cote d’Or (that is the one that has an elephant in the wrapping paper) is really nice, but it just always reminds me of the night when I had to, on my way home, go through five or six different shops (which were not really on my way) to get that particular one to my boyfriend at the time. Ok, to be quite honest, as a revenge is ate most of it, but still. Then there is Ritter sport, which isn’t too bad either. But that again has the annoying connotation of a shop owner in England who pointed out that the chocolate bar I was buying was the fourth that week so I really should watch it. So that was definitely out.

Choosing a chocolate is not only about what to take, but also how much. Obviously if I start a bar or a box of chocolate I will also have to finish it. So, I can’t buy too much and definitely not too little either, because then I would have to go to the shop for a second time and that is seriously a waste of time that could (but would not) be used for studying.

Then, something rather unusual happened. I found 2euros from my pocket. This decided it. I would go to the Swedish shop to get some Finnish chocolate (and now my Belgian friend will be shaking his head, Finnish choco over Belgian one – luckily I already told him that in my opinion all beer tastes the same and its all bad, so I have nothing to lose) I knew that a 100g bar of Geisha is 1.90€ so I would also have enough money over for an “vanha auto”. Perfect. Besides, judging by my high school diploma, there definitely is a positive correlation between geisha and learning.

As I am very efficient in my use of time I decided to make the trip to the Affaren a part of my run of the day. It would make a nice 8km there and back and with a tiny extra loop it would be a decent run. And indeed it was. Though noticed that picked up speed on my way back…I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home