dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, December 08, 2006

day 1

The weekend has arrived – and so did my parents.

My mum really likes my flat. Apparently it looks like me – a small disaster? Cute and homely? Unusual but charming? However, she is now convinced that I need a door mat. I already said not thanks to curtains and a tablecloth and a rug and lots of other things but the latest proposal was not too bad at all.

I sort of wish that my dad had been here with all his experience, when we started the renovation but at the same time he seemed pretty impressed with what we had done. Maybe that’s because he knows where I used to live and was pleased to see that I finally have my own place, who knows?

After the inspection we started our day. There is a whisky store in the 8th that was going to be our first stop. With my infamous knowledge of the fine art of whisky I pointed out all the ones from 1982 – it must have been an excellent year for whisky. There simply cannot be anything wrong with anything that appeared into the world that year.

The next stop was Mona Lisa. Somehow, despite their numerous visits to Paris my parents have been quite good at avoiding going to the Louvre, so this time we had a tour – with my dad as our guide. For an hour we admired the window through which Napoleon watched the sparkling lights of the Eiffel Tower (maybe some confusion with the date there?), paintings that must be important as they appear in school history books and the museum itself. After a while hunger took over cultural interests and we started our quest for finding food. And we did - alongside the canal. I have run past the restaurant several times before but this was the first time I actually went in. It was worth is – definitely have to keep the place in mind. Then again, in Paris you can really quite easily live five to ten years without ever needing to go to the same restaurant twice but still – I like to have something I can forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home