dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, December 21, 2006

three nights till christmas...

Yesterday we had last lectures at school and I could finally concentrate on preparing for Christmas. Obviously the three and a half days there were left would not be sufficient (we celebrate on the 24th) especially not when I know that on Saturday I will be stuffed into a car, going from Helsinki to the north. I mean NORTH – to the land where the sun doesn’t rise, reindeers are pets, snow hides you from the view and the Northern lights dance in the sky.

So, yesterday I had a card factory. I came to realise that any attempt to make presents would fail miserably so I decided to just stick to making my Christmas cards. Maybe there, the design phase was fairly short lived but I was quite happy with the result. Hand made, a bit different and arriving late to the recipient – better than nothing, right? However, this little project left my flat covered in sparkling silver dust, but maybe that should be considered as decorations. After all it is a bit like rays of sun hitting the snow.

Today I have to face the mad shopping rush. Luckily I mainly need cool wrapping paper. Still need an idea for the colours though. I don’t want anything too traditional but nothing tacky either. Maybe a run will give me inspiration. And I need company. For shopping that is. When you do late shopping you always must go with someone and then you are no longer rushed and panicking because you in a good company. Oh and I must pack. Must. Must. Must. And have to remember to go to my flight as well. Maybe I will write a list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home