dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, January 18, 2007

it's a funny thing that...

I have a silly habit of checking my horoscope in the morning, while drinking coffee and reading the news. I don’t really believe in it, except when it promises me lots of money and love. Obviously, by the end of the evening I have retuned to my usual, cynical self. Except today.

After school I had serious difficulties in getting my fencing gear and going to training. I was tired and it was raining and I was sure that it would not be a good session anyways. Somehow, I still managed to drag myself out.

After warming up, I was talking with one of the guys, who is kinda nice and suddenly I realised that he asked me out. Unless “if you have nothing else planned for tonight, I would like to take you out for dinner” has a new meaning, I am not aware of.

Training was amazing. Not only did I manage, in our little team competition, to get from a point of 11-5 for the opponent into 16-15 for me, in 2min (this was against the guy who had just asked me out) but also there were numerous experience, non-student fencers who provided a good challenge so that after two and a half hours I was battered but happy.

Obviously I had not planned on going out afterwards so was wearing my little blue hoody and sport pants etc but oh well. Despite my rather unflattering outfit the dinner was great. We went to a small restaurant not too far away and…it was just really nice. And he wants to see me again.

It’s funny how good things happen when you least expect…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home