dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, January 14, 2007

sales...and some achievements

In Paris the after Christmas sales are totally insane. Every single street and shop is so packed that it is almost impossible to move. Yet, I decided that it is time for me to join the crowd in search for a new hoodie. Not that there is anything really wrong with my one that I have been wearing for the past 3years except the fact that I have been wearing it for the past three years.

After the first 15min I had had enough. But I decided not to give up and my determination was rewarded. Firstly someone asked me to help them to get a shirt from the upper shelf because she could not reach it herself. I felt so proud. As I am, pretty much on a daily basis, called a midget I felt quite good and important when able to help someone to get something from somewhere high up.

Then I found it. A red puma top. Ok, it was from the kids section and all but it was really cool. And red. And I bought it. But it didn’t have a hood, so mission was only partly completed. (i.e. I had managed to spend money on something I really don’t need)

When working hard one gets pretty hungry. So while I was close by I decided to go by a sport nutrition store and while buying other stuff took a protein bar as well to avoid the temptation of snacking on chocolate. The owner was talking to his about 2m and 150kg friend when I proceeded to the check out. They somehow got into talking whether this specific bar I had chosen was really the best one for me. “As you run you don’t really want to built up too much muscle” (I think I have been to that shop too many times)”But you don’t really want to look too much like a women either”, said his giant friend and turned bright red as he said that….”I mean, it is not to say that you are not pretty and everything but it is just because you do lots of sport and…I mean, what I meant was that you sort want…I mean….” And yes, I knew exactly what he meant, but it was still quite amusing. Oh and just to let you know I didn’t even give him an evil look or anything.

Oh and I also did find a hoodie at the end. So a pretty productive day I would say…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home