dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, January 28, 2007

i can hear choco cake calling...

Everybody should have a friend who knows how to bake and likes to bake and has an oven (unlike me who doesn’t even have a microwave). If these capabilities are attached to a comfortable sofa and a good personality it is even better. Though I somehow feel the personality goes along with the term “friend”, but just to be clear.

Yesterday I had myself locked into my little ivory tower most of the day. As the night got closer my efficiency levels were decreasing rapidly, whereas frustration measures were shooting through the roof. I was sitting in front of my laptop and staring the screen in wane. And so was my friend on his side of the canal. But unlike me, he has chocolate cake – baked that afternoon.

It didn’t take much persuading to get me out of my chair and onto my bike (which was clean and shining and yellow). In few minutes I had crossed the canal and climbed up to his third floor flat, where the chocolate cake was waiting.

Almost five hours and as many pieces of cake later I decided it was time for me to go home and to bed. After all I had been feeling a bit ill and sleepy the whole day. But at the same time, a cold, empty flat did not call for me as loudly as good company and goodies had earlier.

Luckily it was a lovely night and down hill all the way back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home