dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, February 19, 2007

perfect day

Yesterday still seems like a perfect day and thinking about it puts a smile on my face.

In fact yesterday was not a special day at all. The weather wasn’t particularly nice and I felt really tired. Before midday, I drove down to Helsinki from my parents’ place, with the radio playing Finnish pop on full volume. I suppose I was so into my private karaoke that I hardly noticed how fast I was driving, or then it was the time that was running.

I rocked up at my friends place – talking constantly and incomprehensibly. I think he was convinced I was in desperate need of fresh air so we went out to the closest ice rink. Winter and cold and exercise always make one want hot chocolate so we went grocery shopping. I got the basket carrying duty as he was going around the shop trying to find all the ingredients for a nice meal.

With a big cup of hot chocolate I watched him cooking, or planning to do so. As a cunning boy he complained about the mountain of dishes until I told him to get out of the kitchen until every single pot and pan had been washed – but afterwards my dinner was cooked for me.

We ate and watched TV. Then he disappeared to keep company to his computer and school work – I watched a silly new series, washed the dishes and made desert, and tried to be out of the way with very little success. But he did get to choose the film.

At the end, yesterday was nothing special. In fact it could be considered pretty boring. But at the same time it was just perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home