dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, February 26, 2007

return from holidays

Yesterday at 7am my train arrived in Paris. I had spent the whole night comfortably stretched over three chairs and was woken up by the conductors announcement just before the train had arrived to its destiny.

I dragged my two suitcases threw the city that was still fast asleep. I, on the contrary, was fully awake. What waited for me at home was the trail of a hurricane. It had appeared in the form of builders. However, I could tell that under all the dust there would be a brand new kitchen and renovated bathroom. I no longer was upset about the fact that my fridge had broken a week before the holidays. Though I never thought that a tiny freezer section could make one so excited and happy.

By the time I returned from my second work shift of the day (the break in between as well as the time before I had spent scrubbing my flat) I was exhausted but still smiling. My legs felt heavy and I could hardly keep my eyes open but this did not bother me at all. Nor did the fact that due some unknown raison, there was no hot water in my flat.

Yet it was not until this morning, when I was boiling water on the stove so that I could actually have a “shower” did I realise how much good the holidays had done. Two weeks is not a long time and it goes fast but at the same time, if you can just relax and forget about everything, in two weeks things can be put into perspective and batteries recharged.

Now I just need to know how I can maintain my good moods and positive attitude until my next holiday, which in fact is so far away that I could not even count the days, even if I wanted to.

1 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger ii said...

hihihii... your font is still all over the place. *grin*

Good to hear your in good mood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home