dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, March 10, 2007

spring has come to town

Today, after school, I met with a friend of mine for coffee. (and yes, I know it is Saturday, but in France school on Saturdays is allowed)

We sat down and prepared ourselves for what was supposed to be a weeks worth of gossip – agony and frustration. The sun was shining and the sky was bright blue. The terrasse was bathing in warmth and light. Did I say “a terrace”? Yes, indeed, we were sitting outside, for the first time this year. Slowly, all the problems we had managed to collect during the week didn’t seem that important at all.

Obviously we weren’t the only ones who had noticed the new beauty. In between the swarming crowd we spotted a familiar face. Before we had quite managed to put a name and face together, François Bayrou walked past us wishing us and the people around a lovely day. Oh, I would so vote for him if I could vote.

Talking about voting, after our little break in the sun I walked my friend to the Finnish embassy, before hopping on to my bike and cycling home. Before, when leaving the café I managed to get a smile from the waiter, when paying our bill. I am not quite sure if I remembered to smile back as this was such a historical event – the French waiters do not smile – ever. On the way back a friendly driver stopped and let me go first. I was chocked – the French drivers do not – ever – stop. This simply doesn’t happen.

It really seems like spring has come to town…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home