dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, March 10, 2007

sod's law

Tomorrow morning at 10am, I am supposed to run little over 21km as fast as I can. To make sure that this “fast” really is a nice pace I have been training for weeks, have given up alcohol completely for weeks, have forgot about parties and late nights. In fact I have tried to do everything in my power to make sure that on Sunday, things will go well.

Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat and a stuffed nose. I couldn’t breath and my head was bumping like there was a little drummer inside. Great. I couldn’t let this bother me, so I went for a short jog, took a shower and jumped on my bike. On my way to the Marathon Village I stopped at the pharmacy. “I have a race on Sunday and I have a killer cold, please give me something that will make me feel better”. With a bag full of medicines I continued my journey. I wasn’t the only one there that morning – several others had also been hopeful that the queues would be shorter in the morning. And these people – they were RUNNERS.

Holding tightly on to my number I jumped on my bike – and it started pouring down. By the time I had pedalled 10km back to school I was soaked, cold, shivering and had mascara running down my cheeks. Luckily one of the guys had an “extra” woollen shirt which I happily took. Huddled under my little tent I tried to get my pounding head to understand the relationship between law and economics.

Today it is sunny, and the weatherman has promised that the little bit of cloud will disappear before tomorrow. I just wish that those pieces of cotton would take my cold away with them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home