dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, March 24, 2007

i want...

I have been, for the past few days, craving for homemade pizza. I don’t really particularly like pizza – or at least not to the extent that I would get out of my way to get it. It doesn’t have any special memories attached to it either – except that one time when we were left home with our dad. There was soup in the fridge for lunch but obviously (knowing that dad will eventually give in, as he always does) we wanted to have pizza. And we did. Though not one of us questioned either the fact that there were pieces of potato as topping or the fact that we never actually ate that soup. So in general there is no real reason for me to grave home made pizza.

Maybe I am not really missing pizza per se but rather I want to sit in front of a warm oven and watch the cheese melt. And I want to fight for the last piece that I can’t really eat because have already had enough but as I want to be the one who gets the most I have to fight anyway. Or maybe I just miss the times when we made pizza, rented a movie and sat on a sofa eating pizza and watching a movie (this was after I moved away from home – duh – no eating in the living room in my mum’s house).Whatever it is, I don’t have it.

It is funny how you always want the things you can’t have – stay home when you have to go to work, go out when you have to stay at home, run when it is raining, and eat chocolate when the shops are closed. It is as if we or I in particular am just impossible to please.

Anyway, my point is that I want homemade pizza. I don’t want a frozen one (well, it is not like I could bake it without an oven or a microwave), nor a delivered one or one in a restaurant. I want a homemade one. And I am not going to be happy until I get one (or forget that I wanted one).

And now I must go to work and it is raining and I didn’t even go for a run. Maybe I should hide. You think that would help?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home