dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, March 26, 2007

a lamp, photos and some coffee

A friend of mine, a promising young photographer, is preparing her first exposition and asked me to model for one of her project. Her idea is to have pictures of people with their bikes and mine being – as you all know – already a real celebrity she wanted to include us as well.

Another object in the photos is a lamp. Just any lamp that I happen to have and happen to like. So early this morning I took my lamp and my bike and waited on the road for her to show up. In fact taking the photos was quite amusing. The sun being our only light we turned and circled to find the perfect place, the perfect angle and the perfect pose. Then, when we got to the end of the film (yes, she has a camera with a film – they do still exist) we decided that it was time for a cup of coffee.

The lamp under my arm we marched to the closest café and chose a table in the sun (which has now decided to return to Paris – finally). I posed my little lamp on the table and ordered two coffees. The waiter looked at me, looked at my friend and looked at the lamp and went to get our coffees. A man walked past us into the café, took a step back, looked at the lamp and me before stepping forwards again.

On my way home, my little lamp under my arm people kept turning their heads. I checked my image from a shop window but could not see anything wrong with my outfit. So was it the lamp?

Like for real, in a city like Paris – am I really the only one going around with a lamp on a sunny day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home