dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, April 22, 2007

some starbucks

As summer has arrived early I decided to go to the Jardin de Luxembourg between my two work shifts to get a tan. Obviously I wasn’t the only one with the same idea – the place was packed with people. Yet I somehow managed to fall asleep for an hour.

When I finally started walking towards the restaurant I went past a Starbucks, and another one and when I saw the third one I felt obliged to go in and order my usual moyen café frappucino light. Walking down the street with my green cup I, for a second, felt like a silly character from a cheesy Meg Ryan film. How have I ended up like this?

In general I try to avoid restaurant chains, even if I have lost my teeny rebellion against global brands, but still I always end up giving in for the Starbucks temptation. It is just so easy. You know what you get and you know that what you get is something you like. And besides all those hours and days we have spent in different Starbucks trying to make the world a better place just give me a crawing for a Chai or a Frappucino. It is like a hot chai goes with a broken heart or a stresful exam and a cold frappucino with a hot summer day or a pair of new shoes.

So I got my frappucino light and strolled down the sunny street towards work. If I wasn’t wearing a scruffy pair of jeans I could as well be on my way to my internship in London or Bruxelles. Funny, right?

By the way, I did pretty well with that tan and it is only April..hmmm

Yeah, and I think I am supposed to be on my way to work…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home