dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, May 28, 2007

revising

We have a big exam on Wednesday so today and since it is a public holiday (don’t ask why – this is France) I decided to use my time well and spend the time studying. I managed to get myself up around ten (my excuse: I was at work last night). I went for a run as the rain seemed to have stopped. Then after getting home I had to take a shower and get something to eat and by the time I got to my books it was already one in the afternoon – excellent.

After I had gone the first two pages my phone rang. An hour and 3pages later he suggested that I go to his place to study because that way we will be more productive. His reason for the choice of place was apparently the size of his flat, compared to mine. I think it might be the pouring rain outside.

Studying in pairs can be extremely effective and so much more fun. One chapter, step by step and at the end a recapitulation of the whole thing. Then we got stuck. I tried to phone a friend but he was too busy drinking wine to help us. Luckily two stupid heads makes one clever one so we eventually solved the problem. Snack time.

I got a banana milk shake (so good and so good for you…milk, banana and cinnamon, mmhmmm). Back to work. We sat on the floor, I wearing my friend’s woollen shirt because I was freezing and hadn’t realised I would need more than three shirts when it is almost June, listening to the rain and going through the government intertemporal solvency constraints and other fun stuff. It is amazing how much fun macroeconomic theory can be when you add a touch of imagination and a hint of black humour. More than once I found myself rolling on the floor and laughing out loud.

The phone rang. It was time for us to hop on our bikes and move on. Luckily it was downhill most of the way. When I opened the front door the rain started pouring down again. What a miserable weather.

I think I now remember why I am still a student.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home