dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Monday, June 11, 2007

tinkle

I got bitten by a travel bug again. Or I should rather say that my temporary need for calmness, homeliness and stability has gone to wherever it came from.

On Saturday I was told I have to go to Australia (my friend is soon leaving to go back home and taking her French boyfriend with her). Earlier I was asked to visit some friends in the States and other one in Singapore and then apparently I must must must go here and there and everywhere. Yesterday I figured that I have only been to 13% of all countries in the world (a bit more after this summer – 17%) which is not THAT much for someone who has lived for almost one quarter of a century.

I know that doing a world tour is a bit of a cliché but I have, seriously, given it some thought. After having finished my masters I could just go away for a year. Travel, work, visit friends, see the world. It is not like I have anything else planned out yet. I don’t know where I want to work or what I want to do really. Sure, my internship this summer/next autumn will give me some direction but it will not tell me where is “home”.

During my 2h run (I didn’t remember how LONG two hours can be) I gave this tinkle some serious thought. One of the first things that came to my mind was the question – “what will I do with all my stuff?” Oh, this annoyed me so much. Seriously, when have I become one of those people who let their possessions dictate their life? And also, when did I manage to collect so much stuff that it could actually serve as a barrier? I decided that I hadn’t. I am sure I can sell most of it and the rest will fit into someone’s basement or some random rented cupboard somewhere.

I am not really making the most of it. I spend my time shuttling between work, school and home – not really an eye opening experience is it? I really have nothing holding me back –no obligations, nobody staying behind, so why not? Really, why not?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home