dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, June 09, 2007

facebook

On Wednesday I finally gave in and joined face book. Until now I have managed to avoid this overly addictive network, but now, right before major exams I joined. And it is great and addictive and time consuming.

For those of you who are not yet familiar with the world of facebook it is a social networking site. It was originally only for students but now anybody can join. You can join one or more networks, such as high school, college, grad school, work, region. You have your own home page, where you can post any information you like as well as photos, films, music, anything. You can search people and add them as friends (for eg only my friends can access my info). They can poke you (you know the thing you did in primary school), write on your wall, sell things on the market place, invite people to events, everything.

To be cool on facebook, you have to be less than 25, single and have over 200 friends. And for the rest of us it is just a great way to get in contact with people from the past or keep in contact with friends and other people considered as worth knowing. Suddenly I have found myself talking to my class mates from South Africa – people I haven’t got any news from for 7 years now. It is amazing.

On Thursday I had a chance to see photos of my friend’s first child – she was then 2days old. And so beautiful. And this is what I don’t like about facebook – I am realising that not only do I not qualify as “cool” but also a large part of my friends have wedding photos on their homepage or pictures of their little ones. Argh.

Just to add to my “I am going to be an old made stuck in her little routines” a friend of mine told me at fencing on Thursday night that “yeah but 25 is the age when you are supposed to find a husband and start a family, everybody knows that”. Great. Nice.

I think I need to go for a run.

But first I will post a note on my friends wall –drinks at mine from 21-22 onwards and then out…before…

1 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger ii said...

But just like 50 is the new 40, 25 is the new 18... seriously! So stop fretting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home