dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, September 02, 2007

wedding

Last night I went to work thinking it was going to be another easy day/night. By midnight I would be in bed. Besides I started work just after lunch so surely early hours in the morning should be spent elsewhere.

There was a wedding. It wasn’t the first one for me this summer so I was a bit sceptical. Usually weddings are pretty boring because there is a lot of waiting around and waiting around.

Tables were set in good time, table cloths running in the right direction (if only they knew how much time and effort went into just those table cloths), flowers where they should, little name stones (a good idea that one) in order and bottles of bubbly lined up.

The guests started to arrive and with them they brought the rain. Legend. Instead of greetings and congratulations outside, everybody tried to squeeze themselves into the boarders of a tiny dance floor. I performed my acrobatic spectacle with those champagne glasses rather well, despite the flying elbows and undecided feet that turned and twisted people around.

How amusing. Before the wine was served the programme had gone out of the window – that could almost be considered a record. The started buffet looked pretty good. I was hoping people were not too hungry.

Main course = starters upstairs and a first round feast for us. Not too bad those trout eggs.

But the main course smoked salmon with false morels was even better, absolutely divine.

By the time the cake arrived people had had their fair share of alcohol and were rather talkative and tipsy and lining up at the bar. I had to chase them away and towards the cake and coffee table. I obviously mentioned the cognac that would accompany the coffee…I saw them take steps that closely resembled running.

The cake was so good. I was sitting next to where all the dishes are done, on the table, with a big spoon. Marengue. White chocolate I think. And something I can’t put my finger on to. Maybe another piece will help in that. Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Way past any sensible bedtime people finally started to gather around and move towards the pier and the boat. I moved towards the pile of trays. Somebody had left their wedding sweets behind. Quite a few people had in fact abandoned their chocolates. Surely it would be horrible waste to throw them away, surely. Besides they were good chocolate. We divided the left over chocolates equally (I got 2 when the boys got 1… and they had at least 6) and used them as cleaning fuel…to give us energy while cleaning.

After the boat had come to pick us up I wondered who I would choose to be my made of honour. Someone a bit organised then the one with the job this time. I wouldn’t like to stress as much as the bride. Then again I think it was her normal state of being – Who knows.

They did have some good ideas though…in fact some really nice ones. Must not forget those.

It is a funny thing that…those weddings

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home