dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

and why did i ever leave my bed?

I was woken up too early because of the builders, next door – seriously why do they have to start working before 7am? Before I had barely finished my coffee I got a lecture about how I am a rubbish sub-letter…fine, but I suppose I knew that already. Suddenly I missed my little home more than even before.

It was pouring down outside. I went into the shower.

The rain had calmed down when I was ready to leave for work, but as I stopped at the first set of street lights, I was soaked by a bus driving through a little puddle. Perfect.

Surprisingly enough I made it to work on time.

Working hard never pays of. As a reward for a job well done I got to spend the whole day filing papers and doing tedious sorting out of receipts. I know it is all important work and needs to be done, but still. And I didn’t even have any chocolate.

Before lunch the sky turned pitch black. The night fell early. Then the lightening started, and the thunder and rain. It only took two close hits to kill all office computers. Pretty impressive. I carried on filing my papers until they were all in nice piles and colour coordinated folders.

I left the office early simply because I ran out of things to do.

I was hungry. As I made it to the till to pay my shopping my phone rang – my friend who was supposed to come with me to the gym class phoned to say she wouldn’t make it. Fine, not like I wanted company anyways.

I made it home just before I was supposed to be out again. And somehow managed to spill water on my jeans and had no time to get changed. And I was supposed to look nice tonight. I was hoping to look nice tonight.

Now I am listening to the news about all the damage the thunder did when crossing the country. And I still want chocolate. Maybe I should nip to the petrol station.

There are days when getting out of bed is the biggest mistake one can make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home