dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, August 05, 2007

the night and the day after

I had just managed to get out of the shower and into my clothes when the first guests arrived. The kitchen was still a general disaster and last delivery from the grocery shop was only on its way. Oh well, it could only be uphill from there.

When my brother finally arrived with the groceries I sneaked back into the bathroom to put on some mascara – to look like I was at a party. When I was back in the kitchen the punch was ready and strong. The recipe had not specified what kind of vodka that half litre should be….

When the barbeque started cooling down, the boys decided to find some heat from the sauna. One at the time, their bright red faces been in a big smile, rolled into a tower and a beer bottle in their hands they returned to the dinner table – the party was picking up.

My cake had 25 candles and it was 150% chocolate. I didn’t manage to blow them all out at once but still my wish came true before the end of the night.

Somebody called a taxi. And a second one. We were going out – Lahti city was calling. Suddenly everybody was rushing and running – food into the fridge, can’t go out wearing woollen socks – but where are my shoes, shirt?, have to wear a shirt, does anybody have hairspray. With the last blueberry ciders we climbed into the cars.

We hit the dance floor, right after the bar and my eye caught a rather cute guy. My friend, who had by then had her fair share or the punch pulled me down to the ladies and gave me a serious, and seriously drunken talk about how I should seriously settling down, and find some certainty and permanency into my life. “I am sick of wondering where in the world you are every single month. And I want to know that my Christmas card reaches you because you have a true address. I think you just need to find your self a man. One that gives you a reason to stop and breath”. Right.

I left the dance floor with a phone number in my pocket. I waited until we were at the cloak room and to send a message to it. From the front door to the taxi my brother, who had all ready earlier made it clear what he thought about my escapade (luckily in his elegant and subtle way), kept shouting at the top of his voice: “Riikka likes the boy, the boy likes Riikka”. We asked him to be quiet, but he did not think this was necessary as he had all ready told the whole town. The taxi driver found my brother a rather lucky man – going home with three girls. Well, all these three stopped him from opening the car window and restarting his little chant as soon as we crossed the boarder between Lahti and Hollola.

Few hours later, my mum woke me up by phoning and telling they were on their way home. Excellent. By the time they arrived we had not really made any progress with cleaning, and no more bodies had emerged from the beds, scattered around the house.

We spent the afternoon on the beach. Except those who moved to their own beds.

I made almost 10€ from the empty bottles when we took them back to the shop.

I got a text in the evening, well a few.

I went for a run and thought that being back in Finland isn’t too bad after all. I think I could get used to this.

Maybe..

1 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Blogger ii said...

Awww... I'm sorry I missed what sounds like a great party! And of course for not being there to a) celebrate your birthday and b) join your brother in the chant *grin*

p.s. I'm back on the Blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home