dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, July 27, 2007

nothingness

I managed to tag along to the athletics EliteGames as a VIP. I was listening to one of the runners (I would call him a sprinter…800m is a dash) explaining his training rhythm – once in the morning and again later in the day, six days a week. Running was his only occupation, even if theoretically he was still a student. He also had an army of coaches and medical professionals around him, watching his every move. What a dream – running for your life. How amazing would it be just to concentrate on training instead of trying to squeeze a sneaky run somewhere between school and work?

We didn’t stay and watch the games. Instead I went to see my brother who was refereeing his first 2nd Division football match. I was very tempted to shout and scream and jump – “excellent whistle!”, “what a great judgement” but instead I was told to be quiet in my seat. I do think that if I had made the slightest sound I would have had to prove I am faster then a 22year old athlete and two football teams. But still, he was the best in the game.

Yesterday I did nothing the whole day. I was left alone to my parents place with nothing to do. I was supposed to benefit from my day off and just relax. After few hours of nothingness, I went for a run – sprint day. I came back, turned on the new, enormous TV (don’t quite see the point of it as the programmes it shows are as bad as in the old one). I rearranged the living room into my private gym. Then stretching. Later a hot shower.

What next? I switched off the TV and switched it on again – Oprah. That should do. Boring. I phoned my bother. Nothing. Back to Oprah. Extremely boring. How do people do nothing?

Maybe if I studied and did sports or worked and did sports?

Oh and a TV…What a waste of money and space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home