dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, July 15, 2007

runner's paradise

Just when I began to feel comfortable behind the wheel, the backseat started moaning – “watch out for that bike”. “Don’t go too fast.” “Watch, jump, run, turn, slowdown, speed up”. As the car takes her time to get to a decent speed I decided to ignore the advice. As far as I could at least.

We parked the car in front of a nice hotel, in a small town, surrounded by mountains and a river running through. Not too far away from Mannheim but not too close to any sort of civilisation. They even had a Nordic walking park (also known as dementia skiing, even though it is an awfully good form of exercise).

The following morning, after a breakfast, where I had eaten enough to take me through the whole day I put on my running shoes and headed off. After 30minutes of climbing my legs were singing hallelujah and heart doing cartwheels (normally my heart beats when it feels like and this does not happen too often). The sun was getting closer to the top of the skies and shining heavily. The heat made running heavy especially since I was not yet recovered after my killer cold. But I felt good. I felt absolutely horrible but so good. I rolled down the skinny pathway, through the forest and sprinted back to the hotel. I think I had found a runner’s paradise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home