dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, June 28, 2007

c’est la folie

Last night I was convinced that the summer heat is turning people crazy. Otherwise my theory would probably be perfect except that the Parisian summer has been nothing but rain, wind and cold.

The night took off slowly so I spent the first moments drying glasses behind the bar. I commented something about the barman to which one of the “barflies” responded – “that was the nicest iamb I have heard for a long while”. Right, so now I am talking in poetic feet. Excellent.

Later one of the waitress stared at the flies we now have swarming around the place and pointed out that it is like we were living the ten Plagues of Egypt (Numbers 33: 4) – thought rather than frogs we first got mice. What next? All red wine turns into water?

Earlier I had a big group of 16 MBA students from New York. They professor recognised me – “you were here last year as well, weren’t you?” Well, in fact I was. “And you were waiting to hear from the school, whether you got into their Masters programme. And now?” Well, I have just finished my first year. “Good for you.”

Later, when all the customers had left we sat around the round table and drank some more red wine. One of my good friends was there, for the last time as her flight back home takes off today. It was the third farewell I had this week. And I am not good at good byes.

When I was biking home I was thinking about the one way ticket I had in my back – one way ticket to far far away.

I feel like something is coming to an end. But I have a feeling that the new chapter will be full of new adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home