dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, July 15, 2007

bored

I am bored.

I am sitting at the Köln airport and waiting. I have been sitting at the airport for the past hour and waited. I have no access to internet and there are no shops to be seen.

This morning I took the train to Brussels. I locked the door of my little flat for the last time for the next eight months, dragged my suitcase, my laptop, my back bag and my sports bag down the six flights of stairs, on to the street, into the metro, out of the metro, upstairs and into the train. In Brussels I took the bags out on to the street and into the car.

The next short stop was in Liege because we needed petrol. I was tired and hungry and I couldn’t speak and I still can’t because of my cold. So we had lunch. Made me feel slightly better and even more so after my desert chocolate.

Back into the car and on to the high way. I fell asleep. I woke up and fell asleep again. When I woke up the next time I could see the towers of the Köln cathedral. We didn’t have enough spare time to actually go into the town. But I saw the towers of the cathedral.

We got to the airport almost two hours early. There was nobody else on the road. And there is no one at the airport. We ordered coffee. We drank our coffees and we paid our coffees. We then walked to the other end of the terminal and the next terminal to see if we could find something interesting. We found expensive whisky and lots of chocolate. Better to turn around.

No we are sitting down in the middle of the terminal and hoping to see the plane land. We will have to hope for another 20minutes.

I am bored.

But afterwards, I get to drive. On the high way. In Germany.

Maybe the flight is early.

(ps. for the next two weeks my access to internet will be irregular so do not get puzzled by the time I post these stories. Now it is Friday afternoon.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home