dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, August 04, 2007

first day

The night before my first day at work I could not fall asleep. Thoughts, ideas and questions ran through my head and I could not calm down. And in the morning the alarm went off at 7AM and I felt as if I had closed my eyes only few minutes earlier.

I switched on the coffee makes and picked up the newspaper from the floor, next to the front door. My sister climbed out of her room. I apologised for waking her up but apparently it wasn’t me but her internal clock. I think that is what they call a rhythm. I felt a bit jealous.

Right after eight I put my feet into my nice new working shoes, ran down four flights of stairs and jumped on to my bike just to join the long line of early risers who were on their way to the city. I followed the railway past Linnanmäki and then descended down, under the bridge, past the opera house and into the park. Few energetic joggers were going around the bay and enjoying the morning sun and the old villas on the other side were slowly waking up. I could see the white cathedral somewhere far away.

Past Finlandia house, the modern art museum, Stockmann, Svenska teatern, a turn to the left and I were in the courtyard. I locked my bike and climbed up into the office. The coffee was already dripping.

I think I’ll be just fine…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home