dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Saturday, August 04, 2007

barbeque

The morning of my birthday barbeque woke up sunny and warm. It was going to be a beautiful, long and warm summer day…One that only exists in the north. The night before I came home from work at after two in the morning (not the office one but the other one that pays my rent) so when I walked to the train station to catch the early train I was still in my dreams.

I arrived to the station two minutes before my train and had just enough time to get a ticket when the train arrived at the platform, perfect. I climbed in, sat on the closest seat and continued dreaming. I was woken up by my alarm, when the train arrived to my destination. I had not been asked about my ticket, shame, over ten euros wasted for nothing. I am too honest that is what I am.

I arrived to my parents place and put on the coffee machine. This was a necessity as my eyes were not yet quite open. I took my mug and the newspaper outside and sat in the sun, in the garden. This is how I like it.

My brother had already done all the shopping so all I had to do was to start cooking. The first thing I did was: I caused a horrible mess. In less than ten minutes the kitchen looked like it had been hit by a bomb, or few. The music was playing loud and the doors were open. I ran back and forth between the garden (my mum grows salads and other green, edible things there) and the kitchen, leaving a trace of sand behind me every time. But the salads started to look pretty tempting.

It is now little after four and my first guests are supposed to show up in about an hour. I have not had my shower, I have not cleaned the kitchen, I think I have chocolate on my nose, because of the chocolate cake coating and if not I definitely have some on my shirt and I am not quite sure what to do with the big, green table cloth that was left out for me.

But the sun is still out and the backyard is scattered with flowers (and bees)….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home