dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Sunday, August 12, 2007

laundry

The hot topic of the week has been, how to properly do laundry. The conversation began last weekend, when I washed my clothes at my parents place and almost gave my mother a heart attack.

My mum and my sister, both think that you should do at least 4different loads – light colours, dark colours, white and linen. These all will then have different temperatures, different durations and different…something else. What a waste, I say. I do two – dark and light. Before I used to do just one, but then once somebody had left a red baby sock into the washing machine and all my white underwear turned ugly pinkish grey so I changed my habits. I don’t see how washing towels with other dark pieces of cloth will ruin everything. Besides if I had to separate everything I could never do laundry – the bio me already feels bad about half empty loads so I could definitely not wash only one tiny shirt in one go.

My sister’s boyfriend is still at the stage where I was before the red sock episode – after all one load cleans the laundry as well as several AND takes up a lot less time and effort.

The second question is tumbling dryer. I put everything in. Or almost, not the things that will catch fire. This is partly because in my flat in Paris there is nowhere to hang things up to dry and partly because it just is so much easier. That, then means that my jeans occasionally, or after every wash, feel a bit tight but they do stretch back to the normal state very soon. But, this is another grave mistake, I have been told.

And the last thing is ironing. Which I do not do. Ever. My clothes are ironed when I have stayed at my parents place long enough for my mum to have time to do it, but other than that, it does not happen. Except when I have something I need to wear, that has been washed, cannot be put into the dryer, but is still wet. Iron, after all, works better than a hairdryer for this purpose.

Today, I did do three loads- dark, light and my sister’s bed linen. After all, her linen, her rules.

ps. if you happen to know any eligible future househusbands – please send them my way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home