dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, August 17, 2007

date and some shoes

This morning, I left home in a rush. I had so much time that I started doing a bit of this and that and eventually I got in to the shower ten minutes before I was supposed to be out the door. This was not an ideal situation as I was going out on a date straight after work. Yet, as I ran down the stairs I was looking half decent, even if my makeup was still in my bag.

Before eleven my sister phoned to find out if I had already had my lunch. I told her it is not even eleven – “oh, ok. Well then, do you want to meet up half past at the shoe shop?” Of course I would. She bough shoes. I had earlier in the week seen a nice pair of trousers in another shop but had been too doubtful to buy them so I decided that she should serve as a judge. On the way we sat down, so that I could quickly eat my lunch.

We entered the shop and she saw a nice top – for me. We took that and I tried on the trousers. Perfect. She agreed with me on that. In fact with the top it was a perfect outfit. So I got them both. But they were black and dark grey and I was wearing brown shoes and it just wouldn’t go but the new outfit was so much nicer than the one I was wearing. Why, oh why did I not take black shoes this morning?

My sister for a moment wondered if she should go home to get me another pair of shoes but then realised that she would not have the time. I thought that maybe I should tell the boy that we have to meet a bit later, and then I would have the time to go home to change. But really, that would be a bit silly and what would I give him as a reason?

My sister was wearing white shoes. That would go. And her dress was white and brown so my shoes would go with her outfit. In front of a department store we swapped – shoes. And I will change my outfit before leaving work. And do my makeup. Perfect.

And it is only a date….

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger ii said...

And how did it go??? You can't leave us all hanging here, uninformed! *pouts*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home