dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

talk

Last night I managed to leave work early. When I got to the pier there was nobody there, just a lonely boat, with its driver. I asked him if I could get a lift back to the mainland. He was happy to get something to do. With the warm breeze playing in my hair I enjoyed the approaching lights of the city.

When we got to the other side, our driver asked me if I had time to stay for a coffee – sure, why not, it was still early(ish). He fetched two coffees and we sat down at the seaside terrace. He started talking. After 20minutes I had hear his life story – I knew about his love life, his children, his past, his grandchildren and his future. The suddenly he held out his hand and introduced himself – as we had never officially been introduced to each other. I shook his hand, said my name and he continued talking.

Not too long after people had started to gather on the dock and he had to return to work. He thanked me for the talk and the coffee.

Slightly puzzled I wandered back to my bike and travelled home through the sleeping city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home