dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Friday, August 24, 2007

swimming...again

This morning, when leaving the house in haste, I chucked my swimsuit into my bag, just in case. Maybe, just maybe I would have time between work and other work to jump into the pool.

Then, I started thinking about what I had done this week. On Monday I went to the pool, on Tuesday I went to the outdoor pool at the Olympic stadium, on Wednesday…well I did an x-bike class BUT afterwards I went to the pool for a bit, just to do few strokes. And yesterday, well yesterday I went for deep-water hydrobic and then, as I was in the pool already, swam 1000m. That is pretty impressive for someone who hates swimming.

The last few times, my sister has been giving me tips and hints. She has been correcting my technique and giving me exercises to do. Instead of spending my time being bored I constantly have to concentrate on what I am doing and whether I am remembering everything she told me. And then the Olympic pool and the one I went to yesterday are 50m pools so it much easier to swim for long.

I am slowly starting to understand people who go to the pool to relax and not just because they are too injured to do any other sport. I also understand people who go to the pool on their own and not just because their divinely gorgeous gym friend forces them to and they don’t really mind seeing him without that shirt.

Oh and the funniest thing is that my swimsuit decided to give up on our treaty on mutual friendship and assistance. So I had to shop for a new one. And I did it right away because I knew I would need one. Insane. Sure, I have running shoes lined up, waiting, but a swimsuit has never been at the top of my list of things to buy, or to have. Not until now.

A friend of mine has been trying to get me into iron man/woman competitions. I never even considered the possibility simply because there was no way I would go into that pool if I really didn’t have to. And now…well I think I need to learn to swim and not just to enjoy doing it first. Then again….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home