dream hunter

You wonder if you should take a step to the unknown. She leaped. You wonder if you knew how. She taught you. You wonder if you could. She did. A friend who's always there. A source of inspiration and admiration. Courageous, beautiful and full of amazing thoughts. She's someone so annoyingly perfect you'd want to hate her. But you can't help but love her. by iiris

Thursday, August 23, 2007

sweets

For the past days I have desperately been craving for sweets. Not just any sweets but pick and mix sweets. And even then, only few black-, chocolate- and yoghurt ones. Last night I was very tempted to ask my friend to drive me home via one video rental place, which has a nice selection, but as he had, after dropping me off, another 45minutes to home and it was really late and he had to leave for work at 6AM, I thought it would not be too fair to do a d-tour just because of that. And later at night, instead of going to bed, even if it was past my bedtime I was still considering running of to the petrol station, BUT they don’t have pick and mix.

This morning, I got up earlier than usual but left home later than usual. This is what you get for thinking that there is plenty of time. There never is plenty of time in the morning. Except on the weekends, and even then only if you don’t sleep till past two in the afternoon. Anyhow, I had to had to had to stop at the shop on the way.

I picked out the things I had to get and then headed of to the sweet aisle. I hesitated for a second in front of the selection, took the paper back and carefully selected 6pieces of liquorice, 2pieces of filled liquorice, one piece of chocolate, one chocolate ball and 8youghurt raisins. Then I put the scoop away. I turned around and looked for one little chocolate bar – pätkis – the one and only I always buy. Happy with my selection I proceeded to the check out.

I ate all the sweets during the last few hundred meters to work. After locking my bike I opened the chocolate bar and by the time I had climbed up to the office that too was gone. I felt yucky. Like really really yucky. The kind of feeling you get after eating a half a kilo of sweets and a litre of ice cream before going to a roller coaster.

Who eats sweets in the morning? Seriously, it is like having cream cake for breakfast.

Well I got my pick and mix and I no longer have the tiniest craving for anything sweet. Not even a micro bite of chocolate. I wonder how long this feeling will last….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home